Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Global warming denial

The NYT has a good opinion piece expressing an argument I couldn't quite formulate. For me, I suppose, it comes down to the difference in the following two examples:
  • I believe in ghosts and it's no surprise that scientists can't prove their existence because...
  • I don't believe in global warming or mankind's contribution thereto because the pro-warming crowd is self-motivated to predict dire things, and I read these retired engineers and meteorologists who have good arguments against aspects of the pro-warming case. And just because there's consensus, the scientific truth of the matter doesn't come down to a vote.
The latter case does not dismiss science, but rather selectively chooses the science they "believe" despite the fact that they have no expertise with which to make such choices.

3 comments:

RedTengu said...

global warming is not good for human life, what their impact is now very pronounced, ambiguous about ghosts hunbungan with global warning may not be related, but equally good for all human life

RedTengu said...

global warming is not good for human life, what their impact is now very pronounced, ambiguous about ghosts hunbungan with global warning may not be related, but equally good for all human life

price per head call center said...

I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles an i keep a nice post